Fixing Camera Permissions Android
Real ID requires permission on your web browser to verify your ID. To grant permission only takes a few steps.
Watch the screencast for a walkthrough on how to find these permissions easily, or follow the instructions below.
Granting Camera Permissions to Real ID
- Open the Real ID check link sent to your email or by text message.
- In the browser, click the lock icon next to the URL. It will be in the top left of the screen.
- In the pop up that appears, click the "Permissions" option.
- Then click the "Camera" option.
- Finally, select the "Allow" option to enable the camera for your ID check.
Still having permissions issues?
If you're still seeing a permissions error when trying to submit your ID, also verify that Chrome itself has access to your camera.
Grant Camera Permissions to Chrome
- Open the settings
- Select the "Apps" section
- Click Chrome
- Select "Permissions"
- Grant access by selecting the "Allow while using the app" option